Monday, September 8, 2014

Emil & Jesica | Wedding

Sometimes it can be really weird when two of your friends decide to get married. :-) You've known them both separately, and then all of a sudden you have to think of them as a unit. But when I heard that Emil & Jesi were courting, it wasn't like that. It seemed perfectly normal, and I was pretty sure it wouldn't be long before we heard wedding bells.

We watched the forecast leading up to the wedding day and I was mentally preparing myself for what it was telling me on Friday morning - 70% chance of thunderstorms all day on Saturday. Eeek. For a girl who loves to shoot outside, that wasn't such great news. But lo and behold, I checked again Friday night and it had changed to 0% chance! Praise the Lord! And instead we just had beautiful cloud cover for most of the day.

I think Emil & Jesi's wedding stands out as one of the most unique weddings I've shot so far, and here's why: we were ahead of schedule ALL DAY. You heard that correctly. Not just on schedule, AHEAD of schedule!!! Sorry, I really couldn't get over that. It just never happens. :-)

All right. Enough chatter. Emil & Jesi, I'm so happy for you both and I wish you so much joy and blessings in your married life! Enjoy the pictures!

*So thankful for my wonderful second shooter, Wendy!






Such a beautiful ring!














Cinderella...

























Ok... this was a first for me. They DROPPED him.
I've never had groomsmen drop the groom before.
I probably need to add something to my contract about how they can't sue me if the groom breaks his neck because the groomsmen dropped him.
He didn't break his neck, thankfully. And it was kind of funny... :-)















Love the matching grins on the left, and this tender sibling moment on the right
(Wendy gets credit for the latter!)

The bawling child is just perfection. :-)





























SO MUCH DESSERT. Oh my word. It was beautiful.
Grace, you are insane. In the very best way.







It's always fun to get to take pictures of my past brides & grooms at weddings!

That face.... scary.




My favorite part of the picture on the left?
The ring bearer slurping away on the Starbucks...








That kid... in the tie... I think I want to marry him.




Credits:
Wedding Dress: Thrifted
Veil: Voile Boutique
Bridesmaid dresses: Eshakti
Florals: Lilywinkel
Ceremony Venue: Providence Church
Reception Venue: The Gateway Building
Cake & Desserts: Simply Grace

10 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful wedding. You can see how much they love each other!! Beautiful, wonderful job!! I love that sibling shot too - it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness! The couple is so radiant. Maybe I'm just in a love-struck mood or something, but these photos, the couple, the party, are all just beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun wedding!! love how you captured this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Kathryn! The portraits are absolutely beautiful as usual! I LOVE the one of the bride you posted as a preview on facebook - so pretty. (and oh my goodness - she found her wedding dress at a thrift store!?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all the candid moments you managed to capture! The bawling girl and the slurping ring-bearer = priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.) Okay, so I am in LOVE with those flowers. Wow, Annie did an amazing job!
    B.) Dropping the groom IS a new one. I haven't heard that before =P
    C.) This has to be one of the smaller wedding parties you have shot.....and that has to be a fun change. I mean, the last two I was in that you also shot--one had seven, one had eight
    D.) Yeah, that past wedding couple you took a photo of IS pretty great.

    As always, beautifully done Kathryn. What an amazing gift God has given you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right about point C... I seem to attract big wedding parties! I've done two weddings with ELEVEN. :-)

      Delete
  7. great pictures again Kathryn. And what a handsome couple, they look so happy and so good together. Such a pretty bride and what a find that beautiful dress! Oma

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bride, and your pictures are just stellar! It's too bad you don't live closer to the Great Northwest, or I could have you shoot my own wedding someday. ;) Thank you for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com