Monday, April 4, 2011

Colonial Photo Shoot!

Finally! Here I am posting some pictures from one of the photo shoots I did recently. This one was pretty short (comparatively) as the only purpose for it was to get pictures of our lovely friends, Laura and Kristen, in the beautiful Colonial gowns my sister made for them to wear to an event. (Yes. She is a talented seamstress. Visit her blog for further proof).

Here is the gorgeous Laura, wearing her drool-worthy gown made out of embroidered linen!

Here is a shot of the pleated sleeve ruffle, which I took that morning while the dress was still on the dressform.

And Kristen, looking simply regal in that beautiful gown of gold! You can't tell in the picture but it has a delicious stiffness to it and a train, of which I am envious.

Here's Kristen's sleeve detail. Why don't we dress like this anymore?

After we got the "formal" shots (which were for my sister's blog, so if you go there you will recognize them :-), we got some more informal and fun shots too. Laura and Kristen were so cute and I loved all the laughing candids I got. This is very characteristic of us... we laugh a lot when we are together. :-)

The girls cracking up after a failed attempt at a serious pose.

Sisters!

I love you girls!

Oh... and Laura made some yummmy key lime pie bars that we ate after our exhausting laugh session!


More pictures comin' up soon... I hope...

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The dresses are sooo pretty!
    Your sister is extremely talented. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures Kathryn!

    Kristen and Laura you ladies are SO pretty! And it was so much fun seeing you at Liberty Day!

    ~RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those girls! =)

    It was nice seeing you at Liberty Day, if only rather briefly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the candids! It just have so much emotion to it...and the fact that they;re sisters adds greater weight to it. :)

    Awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the candids!! Laughter is such a fun thing to capture in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha - I have to agree with you... she is. :-)

    Thanks, RJ! Aren't they though?

    Mollie! How nice to see a comment from you! It was so nice to say hello at Liberty Day. Ditto... they are just so lovable! :-)

    Thank you, Victoria! I loved the genuine smiles and general happy feeling that came through in the pictures. And they are so photogenic... I never look that pretty when I laugh. LOL!

    Moriah - Thanks for stopping by! :-) I like them too, and agree with you whole heartedly! It's always great when you are trying to pose a photo, but end up with even better pictures because the subjects were cracking up at themselves. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com