Saturday, January 7, 2012

Belated Photos from Down South

I remembered I said I would post some pictures from our trip to the sunny South and I never did! Sorry about that... though I dare say nobody even remembers I said that. :-)

This is the harbor within walking distance of our timeshare.

We spent a week in Hilton Head, SC back in the beginning of November. It was chillier than we were hoping - only one day got up into the 70's - but we still had a great time enjoying the sunshine, the beach, and the pool (yes, we went swimming while all the southerners bundled up in coats and scarves :-).

The first day we walked around historic Beaufort. The visitor's center is inside this neat old military base of some sort (now I can't even remember what this was exactly). 


Loooove Spanish moss!


Beach time!

I took this picture, and then decided to wade in the water a bit. Then we decided to walk... and walked a mile or two down the beach and I realized I left my flip flops! Thankfully they were still there when we walked back, though the tide was rising. :-)


All of these photos were edited with my new Lightroom program! I love it so far!!

4 comments:

  1. The spanish moss is very pretty! =) Thanks for sharing. Like your new self-portrait, btw!... Did you make the dress?

    Blessings to you,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I especially love the pictures of the spanish moss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Liz! Yes, I made the dress. It's a 1950's style dress. My sister took some photos of me in it, which you can see on her sewing blog: http://www.lassofyesteryear.com/2012/01/eventual-red-50s-dress.html.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos as always Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com