Monday, December 30, 2013

Behind the Scenes | 2013 Recap

A lot of photographers do this at the end of the year - put up pictures of themselves at work, taken on the job by their assistants. I thought it would be fun to join in this year since I actually have some of those photos - not just to be like everybody else, but because I genuinely enjoy seeing other's behind-the-scenes photos! Most of these pictures will be from weddings, since I don't generally have a second shooter for engagements and portrait sessions.

This year has been the biggest year of growth for me in my photography. I went from shooting my very first wedding last August to shooting 5 weddings this year (plus second/third shooting 2 more), and the most sessions (engagements, portraits, etc.) that I've had to date. I am so grateful to everyone who has supported me in my business this year and I'm so excited for what 2014 will bring!

Ready to take on a wedding!

Despite what appearances might suggest, I do know what I'm doing. :-)

The wonderful Abbe Powers, mastermind of the styled shoot, with our lovely "bride" Christie!

And our wonderful team of ladies who pulled it all off so wonderfully!

One of the highlights of the year was assisting/third shooting with the fabulous Jessica Shae (and her second shooter Lauren). Jessica is one of the photographers who has inspired me from the get-go, so it was lovely to work with her in person!
Photo from Lauren's iPhone ;-)

Knowing how to pin boutonnieres is an essential skill all wedding photographers should acquire. Most groomsmen are hopeless at it. This was a prank pulled on me when I pinned Ashton's boutonniere and he pretended I stabbed him in the heart with the pin… I'm easily startled so it was pretty convincing for .75 seconds… ;-) (as you can see, he thought he was hilarious)

"I get to touch the car!!! AHHHH!"
This was probably one of the top 10 best moments of my life. LOL!

Photo credits to Laura LaPrise & Wendy Elise - second shooters extraordinaire!

8 comments:

  1. I love this!!!

    It has been so much fun watching your business grow, and getting the chance to work with you. =) Here's wishing you lots more fabulousness in 2014, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D So fun to see behind the scenes photos! Congrats on a great photo year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you posted this, as I love behind the scenes photos! Lots of fun ones here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a job well done! You do such a great job. Keep taking pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on an AMAZING year Kathryn! You did such a beautiful job with Jen and Ashton's wedding (and all the others....I went back and stalked archives.) And I loved seeing the behind the scenes photos. The ability God has given you is truly a gift.....onward and upward to the wonderful things He has for you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Kathryn! I agree - it's super fun for me to see these re-cap posts, too. So, no, you're not the only one. ;) Thanks for sharing and have a beautiful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray to a wonderful year of business, Kathryn!! Can't wait to see what God's got in store for you in 2014. =D I loved seeing behind-the-scenes... next year needs one of these posts too, yes? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com