Friday, January 9, 2015

Our Trip to Williamsburg | Personal

We rang in the new year in Williamsburg this year! Lily has proven to be a very valuable friend - she takes me on all her fun trips. ;-) This time, the whole family went. Williamsburg was chilly, but nothing like home. It was still in the 40s, and on the whole more pleasant to be a bit cold but wrapped up in a wool cape than to be sweltering in the heat like we were the last time.

We had a lovely time; eating in the historic taverns, shopping, visiting trades, exploring gardens, and going english country dancing.



Nice how we can generally find an obliging tourist to take our picture. :-)






We had to wait around for about 20 minutes for the tourists to clear out of the Governor's Palace grounds... but it was so worth it!
Read out Tara's new silk jacket ensemble on her blog.


I could live here.


Hole in the wall! :-)






Lily and I actually remembered to get a picture together! What?!

We had a lovely time chatting with Nicole and Abby in the milliner's shop, where they were constructing a new gown.











It was a lovely trip - and I bought fabric for a new jacket, so that means we HAVE to go back! ;-)

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely place!!! I'm quite sure I could live there too. I'm sure it was a blast!! Y'alls costumes are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to go English Country Dancing?! In Williamsburg?! Oh, I am dying of envy over here... You all look right at home. :)

    Blessings,

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We didn't actually dress up in period clothing for it as it was a more casual setting with a weekly dance group there. If you're ever out there you should definitely go! They dance every Tuesday night. http://williamsburgheritagedancers.org

      Delete
  3. Oh, and your dresses are positively gorgeous!

    Brigid

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hole in the Wall"... nice play on words there. ;)

    I like Williamsburg. And I like your pictures. And I like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... just typical, witty me. ;-P

      Thanks! You're not so bad yourself!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post!! Your photography is fabulous! It was a real treat, I felt like I was able to take a mini trip to Williamsburg.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your costumes absolutely dumfound me. SO amazing!! The amount of time you put into those ensembles to recreate them so accurately puts me in such awe! Gorgeous job on the photography too, Kathryn!

    xo,
    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is so neat! You all look so pretty! ^_^ Your sister's hair is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful town. I want to go there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the photos! Not to mention the dresses, beautiful ! People must of thought that you all worked there. Perfect opportunity to wear them. Enjoying your blog very much.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just had to post this and make me even more impatient to go to Williamsburg, didn't you? ;)
    You all look positively gorgeous, and the pictures are equally so! Beautiful all the way around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just discovered your blog, and your photography is over the moon gorgeous!! The one of Lily in the hole in the wall is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I love the pictures. SO beautiful! I have been to CW many times but I've never seen that hole in the wall. DO you mind sharing where it is located? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is in the gardens at the Governor's Palace. Where exactly in the gardens I can't remember, but if you have a little time to wander I'm sure you could find it. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com