Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Michael & Laura | Wedding

Where to start... This wedding is precious to me on many levels. Yes, it was an absolutely gorgeous wedding; yes, I was swooning over all the window light all day; yes, it would have been amazing even if the bride and groom were complete strangers. But it was more than that in that it was a dear, close friend embarking on a new phase of life, and seeing that friend happier than I have ever seen her before. So many wonderful people in one place, so much joy, so much celebrating! It was surreal to be just going along, doing my wedding photographer thing, but realizing that LAURA was the bride!

I am so excited to share this wedding with you all today, but even more excited to see what the Lord is going to do with Michael & Laura as a couple. I think He probably has something awesome in mind. :-)

This is possibly the longest wedding post yet... Sorry. Kind of. Not really. Many thanks to Renee for second shooting with me!! Several of her snaps are in this post!







One gorgeous ring!











Lemondrop Designery's florals are always so drool worthy!!

THE LIGHT.








When you look over and see ^this^ gorgeousness happening (candidly!!), it makes your day. :-D




Such a ham...

...all of them.










These girls... dear to my heart!




Of course I had to have a photo with the bride! <3

First look time... so much anticipation!

Maybe I'm reading into it, but I think he liked it











There are no words to express how much I love this picture.






Stunner.









He was a little bit excited. Just a little.







 




















It's tradition! (Every time we end up at a wedding together I take this shot :-)













We did some bride & groom portraits after the ceremony too - even if you do a first look I highly recommend still taking some pictures afterwards! Not only do you get more pictures of the two of you, but you have all that "WEJUSTGOTMARRIED" excitement and all the stress is gone.


And, you know... kissing. ;-)





















Due to their huge guest list, they had a private "after-party" after the main reception for close friends. Dinner and dancing the night away!











Kristen, you rocked your maid of honor speech.
I know. I've heard a lot of maid of honor speeches.












Love this girl soooo much. :-D


And yay for previous KGP couples/fabulous second shooters/hilarious people!




And it was great working with Calvin and Landon of Higgins Studio - check out their video of the day:



Credits:
Dress: Germaine's Bridal
Florals: Lemondrop Designery
Cake: Ambrosia
Hair: my amazing sister :-)
Ceremony & Reception Venue: Uline
After-Party Venue: Radisson
Videography: Higgins Studio

13 comments:

  1. This was one HAPPY wedding!!!! I've seen plenty of wedding photos, but this couple has to be one of the most joyful ever. I love how they BOTH are so happy!!! :) Beautiful pictures, as always, Kathryn. :) Their venue was amazing, never seen such wide open spaces with so much light, as you mentioned. And what a fun idea to have a separate party later on. Way to go, Laura and Michael!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I really wonder how sore their cheeks were that night from smiling so much all day... :-)

      Delete
  2. you killed this--so lovely!! and what a great video, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaw dropping! Gorgeousness abounding, and EXCITMENT. I've seriously seen dozens and dozens of photographed couples and they have to be one of the most expressive when it comes to the happiness. Especially loved the ceremony excitement - you don't see that much. Beautiful job Kathryn!! And excellent choice of venue and photographer, Laura!;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that this post deserves an in-depth comment, because of it’s incredible amazingness.

    1. The detail shots - they’re dreamy. Especially the ring ones. *swoon*

    2. I like the ones of me doing hair and Lauren doing make-up - it takes me back to when we were actually doing it and all the excitement in that room!

    3. KRISTEN - how do you make putting on shoes so elegant?!

    4. Sisters hugging…. yes.

    5. LAURA - how do you make putting on shoes so elegant too?!

    6. Not to mention make-up! *plop* I just died.

    7. The groomsmen - hilarious.

    8. Laughing bridesmaids - the best.

    9. HER FACE anticipating the first look!!!!!

    10. HIS FACE at the first look!!

    11. Ringbearers - could they get any cooler?!

    12. Laura’s bridals have enough gorgeousness in them to stall an army. Seriously.

    13. That architecture shot is incredible!!

    14. COUPLE SHOTS!!!!! **eeeeeeep**

    15. Michael’s face after Mr. LaPrise handed Laura off. You captured it perfectly!!

    16. Them laughing before kissing at the alter - darling!

    17. Laura, that bouquet toss was perfect! :) Nice aim!

    18. The light for the after ceremony shots is d.r.e.a.m.y

    19. THAT KISSING SHOT by the brick wall, with her leaning back. um. yes. please. nailed it.

    20. The after-party. seriously, the most fun thing ever. (goes off to sing Shut Up and Dance again….)

    I could comment about every individual photo, but I’ll keep it at just that. *happppppppiness*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grinning ridiculously. also... AMEN TO EVERYTHING SHE SAID. this whole blog post is the happiest thing ever.

      Delete
    2. Hehehehe... :-D I can tell you only lightly skimmed the post...

      Delete
  5. GORGEOUS!! :) Everyone looks so happy! (And "surreal" is a perfect description for when one of your Close Friends gets married. ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really was the most delight-filled day!

      Delete
  6. I read a lot of photography blogs and don't usually comment, but I feel like I have to with this post. These pictures are so beautiful!! I especially love the couple's expressions during the first look. And those portrait shots are amazing! I just love everything about these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com