Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Surprise Literary Tea | Personal

A party hosted by any of the Agnew clan is sure to be one for the books. (No pun intended... really... it just came out that way). And when it's Amber, aided and abetted by my sister Tara, there are perhaps a few too many creative juices flowing, but it ends up looking like it's straight out of a magazine (or Pinterest, which is perhaps the higher honor in this day and age).

Jaclyn, Amber's sister, recently got engaged (you just saw her fabulous sunrise engagement shoot)... an event long prayed for by many. A celebration was in order... so Amber put her scheming little head to work and dreamed up a beautiful literary themed tea party, with Jaclyn's closest friends, to surprise her. It was a lovely time and all the ladies pitched in and brought delicious things to eat.

I just have to say that Amber's house is PERFECT for this. Look at that light!!!


Jane Austen is one of Jaclyn's favorites, so I calligraphed a bunch of quotes to put on the table.


She was surprised!




Ah, Jane... you make me laugh.
Thankfully, this was a difficulty Jaclyn managed to overcome... ;-)




















10 comments:

  1. What fun!! :) It looks like you all had a lovely time! I *love* the Jane Austen quotes you wrote. That's such an adorable idea! And it makes it even better when you have someone with such amazing skills to write them!
    Thanks for sharing, Kathryn!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We certainly did. :-) Book quotes have always been some of our favorite decorations!

      Delete
  2. Love it! What nib did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? You wrote those quotes??? They are stunning! Amazing job!
    BTW I loveeee seeing your pictures. I get so excited when I get home from work and see that you posted! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I have always loved calligraphy so a couple of years ago I learned! Thank you. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com