Saturday, June 18, 2011

From My Yard

These blooms have faded now, but I still wanted to post some pictures I took earlier this spring of the lovely flowers in our yard. I was looking forward to flower photos this year because I didn't have my 50m 2.8 lens last spring (and I love the bokeh from the 50mm!).

A tulip...
Has anyone else noticed it is hard to get red flowers to look true to life in photos?

We have a wonderful "wall" of lilacs on the edge of our property, with 3 different kinds of lilacs.

There are the larger, more feathery blooms like these, 

And then the softer, clouds of blossoms like these!

I never can decide which I like better.

We also have several varieties of crabapples. I always love this one when it's not quite in full bloom, when there is the mix of white flowers with pink-tinted buds.

This is the reddish crabapple, not blooming yet

And the pink crabapple!

This is the redbud tree... I loved how the colors and bokeh came out in this one. Unfortunately I was very busy around the time this bloomed so I didn't get too many pictures. Perhaps that's just as well since I recall I got rather a lot last year. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely think the last picture on this post it the BEST one out of all your pictures of flowers.

    I love Crab Apple trees!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh...I simply ADORE the pictures of the crabapples! It's beautiful! The lilacs are pretty too! You did a great job capturing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah - Thanks! I just loved that one with the bright flowers popping off the dark background! It has sort of an asian feel I think (which is maybe why you like it :-).

    Thanks so much, Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A WALL of lilacs???? How delightful!!

    (I will try not to wish we had one in bloom at this moment.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful lilacs! My mother LOVES them :) She was recently able to get some cuttings from a old farmhouse that was being sold, and she planted them around our house. A few survived, and we are thankful for them, but it is nothing like yours!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com