Saturday, August 13, 2011

Formal Fun

I had the opportunity to take some portraits of my sister in her bridesmaid dress a couple of weeks ago, in an amazing location - a beautiful stone mansion! I took photos of her in several outfits, but I figured I would spread it out a bit, along with a post on the actual house. Stay tuned for more!

Posing comes so naturally to her... if I tried to do this I would just look dumb.
Thankfully, I'm the one TAKING the pictures. :-)

There were stone walls everywhere - which was great since I happen to love stone walls...

The morning light was incredible... and so were these steps. :-)

One of my favorites

This was actually the first picture I took and I just did a little happy dance and wished that she was in a wedding dress because this would make an incredible setting for wedding portraits!!!

Come back soon for round two!

Like the larger pictures?

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE THESE! Tara is beautiful.

    I can't wait for round two!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I know, if I posed like that I would look completely dumb. I am so horrible at posing...looks too forced. :)

    Your photographs are so beautiful and inspiring! Your angles are perfect. The Lord has definitely blessed you with talent. :)

    Blessings,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Posing comes so naturally to her... if I tried to do this I would just look dumb."

    I be in the same boat, girlie! Ditto that, my sister and myself. =) Oh, and ditto about stone walls, too!! Stone walls and stairs and ornate doors and iron gates and old locks and keys and maybe a whole castle... *cough*

    Lovely photos. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, Kathryn! I love the location.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, no wedding dresses for either of you YET ... unless it's cotton! Tee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun photo-shoot. I love that dress!!!

    Laura's comment cracked me up. "....maybe a whole castle" I'm all for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! The 3rd picture is lovely!! Can't wait to see the rest of the shoot!

    ps. I love the larger images! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com