Friday, December 7, 2012

The Cookie Modeling Shoot

I love spontaneity. Especially with Laura and Kristen because it becomes us so well. :-) We went over to their house so that Tara and Kristen could practice some music for an upcoming recital, and so Laura and I could chat about flash options for a wedding we are shooting together (soooo excited about that, can't wait to share it with you all!!!). We were messing around with the flash stuff in their basement, and the music makers/cute model sisters came down bearing cookies.

That's always a good way to start things.

Next I think I said, "Ok, come over here and model the cookies," and being fabulous, they did. Hilarity ensued, since modeling the cookies also entailed eating a great quantity of them. Result: sugar high and adorable photos. I don't use the word epic but if I did this would be a time I would use it.

I hope you enjoy the randomness of this... these pictures are totally opposite of my normal style, but it served for flash practice and good memories. <3

This one just really cracks me up...


Here I admit that I pulled Tara from the shoot... not because I don't think she's a great model because she (obviously) is, but I was loving Kristen's outfit with the cookie tray so I wanted to try some with just the pop of red!
Sorry, Tara. Wear red next time and you can stay in for the whole thing.

The cookie plate... slightly diminished by now. :-)

 
I feel this terrible urge to put text on this one and make it into an ad for something...
Cookies? Serving dishes?
Red sweaters that could possibly make you look this cute but probably not because you're not Kristen?

In other news... It's Tara's birthday today! Happy birthday, little sis! :-D

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I love them. Yes, the spontaneity and joy really came through in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an ad for red sweaters that could *possibly* make you look as cute as her... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun, Kathryn! My sisters and I all got a laugh out of the last sentence. It's so nice to have happy-to-model-for-you sisters, no?? ;-) Oh, and happy birthday to Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a new flash?? I'm sure you both are excited about shooting the wedding. (!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm actually renting flash stuff from her/her dad! We are definitely both very excited!

      Delete
  5. These are so cute! Especially the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure looks like you had fun! :)

    That last one definitely deserves some sort of caption. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! It does look like fun. :)
    Happy birthday Tara! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma!! So nice of you to stop by! I miss you and your lovely family!

      Delete
  8. SQUEEEEEE!!

    I particularly adore the last three. =)

    Nice practicing, my dear. ;)

    (our sisters are ridiculously gorgeous, the both of them. I love how you mentioned the red sweater that makes you look cute, but probably not because you're not Kristen...)

    *ready to be fellow photographers-in-arms*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Me too. Great minds think alike.

      Thank you.

      Agreed. And it's really just the plain n' simple truth, ain't it?!

      I read "ready to be fellow photographers-in-arms" and had an immediate mental image of the two of us striding boldly forward with our arms linked. I scare myself sometimes.

      Delete
  9. Oooh! cool! The last one should be in an advertisement for cookies! Loved it :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoy looking at all the photo shoots you do! Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com