Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ashton & Jennifer | Engagement

When Jennifer's dad sat her down and told her that Ashton wanted to court her, she was totally surprised. She had no clue he was interested and it was completely out of the blue. Her first thought was, "This will never work." But we all know our God is the God of the impossible, right? :-) It didn't take very long before they both knew this was it. Ashton popped the question in early spring and a couple weekends ago they came up for their engagement photos.

The day was perfect - it may have been a tad warm but the light was gorgeous and so was the scenery. We tried out a new location for me - a local river walk, which afforded a nice variety of picturesque spots. I'm so excited to share these with you and looking forward to their wedding in September!
Enjoy - definitely some new top favorites here!

They're in love with each other.
I'm in love with Canon L glass.
(no, it's not mine, I'm renting again)

Beautiful ring!

Jennifer, you are so beautiful!


16 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing..so katelyn james-ish. Fab work girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just about the highest compliment you could have paid me. :-D

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures! So amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, OH.

    Some of your best work yet. ^_^

    I adore the ones on the pier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm so glad you like them - those are my favorites too!

      Delete
  4. Very, very nice work Kathryn. Some of your best I think. Great poses and such a nice area to take them in.
    It helps of course to have such a handsome couple :-)
    (Glad he didn't drop her.....rocks.....water...... a good test of trust???
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oma! Haha, yeah, she almost backed out when he was "looking for a non-slippery rock" to stand on. :-) Glad she didn't though, it turned out cute!

      Delete
  5. Kathryn! These are gorgeous! You're pretty much a pro at posing, lemme tell you. =) And I love the results of the lens you rented! The pier ones are my favorites. Funny, I was thinking "Wow, these remind me of Katelyn James" and then I saw Hannah's comment - I wasn't the only one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I feel so flattered! Katelyn James is my hero. :-) Thanks so much!

      Delete
  6. Awsome pictures! Like the others, I was thinking that the photos were so Katelyn James-ish. :) Love it!

    Which L lens did you fall in love with? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! The lens is the 100mm f/2.8L... I've used it before but really only used its macro capabilities (which already had me smitten) but this time I tried it out as a portrait lens and really fell head over heels. :-)

      Delete
  7. I have read your blog before and accidentally didn't bookmark it; I found it again via your sister's blog :)

    Gorgeous shoot girl! I love the photos! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Amazing models + amazing photographer = perfection.

    You rocked this shoot, K!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING!!!!! Favorite? Leg in the air one. BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, loyal fan! :-) Can't take credit for the brilliance... Jennifer found that one on Pinterest!

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com