Monday, October 28, 2013

Ashton & Jennifer | Wedding

This wedding... it had so, so many pieces of perfection in it. I knew it was going to be a good day right off the bat when I took the wedding dress out for pictures (I LOVE her dress!!). Add to that an absolutely stunning bride wearing said dress, plus an amazing castle mansion for portraits, a fun bridal party, and (drumroll) a surprise 1940's getaway car (be still my heart!), and you've basically won the Most Fabulous Wedding Award in my book. Plus, I have to say that Jennifer's veil was the most well behaved veil I have ever encountered - it did exactly the right thing 99% of the time. :-)

It was a beautiful day in all aspects. Ashton & Jennifer, thank you for making me a part!

*Warning: Possibly the most photo-heavy post in the history of the blogosphere. View at your own risk!* :-) Special thanks to Laura for her wonderful second-shooting job! Several of these snaps are hers!

Little curly haired photographer in the making!

If this cutie pie in curlers doesn't make your day,  I am so sorry for you. You must lead a very sad life.

That shot on the left was too funny to leave off (thanks Laura for catching it!)... the single hitch in the whole day (that I was aware of anyway) was that the groomsmen's boutonnieres kept falling apart. Never fear, though - hair mousse works wonderfully as a boutonniere-sticker-back-together agent. :-)


They opted for a first look, which allowed them to relax and spend time together, AND get more pictures! Plus, Jennifer planned 2 hours in for portraits! It was wonderful!

Yes. I was dying (in a good way).

She was surprised!

The groomsmen put up a slideshow of a pretty hilarious email thread they had going before the wedding... long story short, it involved afro wigs, tattoos, and shorts. After the slideshow presentation, loud music came on, and....

Memorable, to say the least. :-)

This was the sweetest thing. They were all set to dance and her dad just broke down completely. There was hardly a dry eye in the room!

The outstanding group of young gents who waited on the tables! They did a phenomenal job!



Credits:
Wedding dress: David's Bridal
Bridesmaid dresses: Handmade
Florals: Wholesale Flower Distributor + DIY
Hair & Makeup: Sara Larson
Portrait venue: Joslyn Castle
Ceremony venue: Kingsway Christian Church
Reception venue: Elkhorn Hills United Methodist Church
Invitations: DIY
Cake: Friend of the bride

20 comments:

  1. Oh you did an amazing job on these photographs, Kathryn! Picturesque wedding :D

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, happy wedding! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! I especially love the pictures in the church and the outdoor pictures (love love love the bokeh). :) You did an incredible job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Jennifer was beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pictures! I have to say I admit that I wiped away a tear at the part when the Dad broke down while dancing....that was so sweet! The pictures are so beautiful!

    -Belle

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. These are just amazing! Beautiful beautiful work, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job! I love the one ones her in the car. That car...oh boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kathryn.....you (and Laura) did such a fabulous job capturing this gorgeous day!!! It was such an honor to meet you and to see the fruits of your God given talent......how you narrowed it down I don't have a CLUE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! After my initial picking through which ones I wanted to blog I had WAY too many and started trimming down, but then I eventually gave up and decided it would just be a super long post, and if people didn't want to look at them all, they didn't have to. :-) Too many amazing things at that wedding!
      It was great to meet you and thanks for being such a helpful bridesmaid with flowers and everything! :-)

      Delete
  9. Kathryn, we are so very delighted with all the shots you captured from our special day. We knew we wanted to invest in a good photographer for our wedding, as photos are the best way to capture and re-live the memories, but I think it's safe to say that you went beyond our expectations. Besides providing us with an awesome package, you were simply a lot of fun to hang around throughout our day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Jennifer! This made my day! I was so honored to capture your day; and I think it's safe to say that if someone else had done it I would have been jealous because, seriously, you had a vintage car!! :-) (if you can't tell, I'm still not over the car). You had a simply beautiful wedding and I'm grateful you trusted me with the documentation of it!

      Delete
  10. All I have to say it: :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) :-) :-) back. (the only difference you'll notice is mine have noses)

      Delete
    2. I like your nose! (<---- somewhat unrelated?)

      Delete
    3. Quite unrelated. I have never been terribly fond of it myself. But I'm glad you... enjoy it. *cough* (currently this blog's most awkward comment)

      Delete
    4. Pretty sure I've given you more awkward compliments in the past... ;))

      Delete
  11. these pictures really show what a nice wedding this was. Super job Kathryn! love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHHHHH!!!!! They had such an amazing wedding and you captured it perfectly!!

    I want the car.

    And I love the comment thread between you and Laura - you both are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! The wedding, the photography, THE LIGHT and yeah, that vintage car.. pretty cool! I think I would have been excited too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com