Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Powers Kids | Portraits

Last year when Abbe contacted me about shooting portraits of her sibling group of 10, I was a bit daunted, but did it... and had a blast. This year, there was no hesitation because this is my favorite family ever to photograph!! Okay, so I haven't really done a ton of family work since I mostly gear my work toward individual and couples portraits... but it will take some really spectacular family to top the Powers. Their impeccable style, and how they effortlessly pull together the coordinating-but-not-matching look, combined with the fact that they're all ridiculously photogenic, makes my job so easy.

I had a fabulous time shooting these photos for their parents anniversary gift (very belated... haha, long story!). Enjoy!!

It got a little windy!

We can't be forever serious... the tractor was too good a prop to pass up. :-)

Daniel's new jeep :-)

Does this look like a magazine? Yes? I agree. Thank you, Abbe, for being fantastic.

Yes! Stripey straws!!!


15 comments:

  1. these are awesome!! love your profile picture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic. These photos look like straight out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kathryn! These are some really great photos! I bet the parents were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathryn! Thank you so much for putting up with our crazy! And for showing up at our house to shoot these at 10am on a Saturday morning. Mom & Dad were delighted, which was the whole point. Thank you again for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait... wasn't it 8:30am?? ;-) I love "putting up with" your crazy.... it's the best kind of crazy I've ever seen!

      Delete
  5. Great people. =) The shot with the tractor is hilarious.. but the beach ball photos are for sure my favorite. ^_^ Good work, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love how you incorporated so much into their portraits, Kathryn! The beach balls, tractor, and outdoor sitting area were such fun ideas, and I love how the ones of them all under the tree with the ladder turned out! You did great working with such a large group, and posing? You do great with that, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pictures again Kathryn! And I agree: what a photogenic family. Very nice, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! Gotta love big families. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these, Kathryn - you did such a fabulous job and I am so inspired! I too love the coordinating outfits and the location is pretty fabulous, too. =) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! And I'm impressed with how well you handled such a large number of people. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it just me or in the aerial shot, does the guy on the top left look like Chris Evans in Captain America? Also, I just want to say that I love your blog. I'm only 15, but when I get married, I want you to take my pictures. All of your pictures are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are incredible. Definitely magazine worthy!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  14. ok, these are awesome! I am NOT a fan of taking family photos (unless is for family and friends) and seeing how great all of these are you have inspired me to take on the challenge.. again....maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com