Saturday, December 26, 2015

A Letter to Rosie | The Princess Project

Today's post is near and dear to my heart, and a long time in the making. Around a year ago, Amber told us they would be adopting a baby in a few months... and that announcement had quite the tale to go along with it. She approached me about creating a mini documentary to tell this beautiful story of God's providence, and I agreed after warning her that I knew very (very, very) little about videography. Since Rosalie's name remained a secret until her birth, we code named it, "The Princess Project," because until she arrived they referred to her as their little princess (well... they still do that...).
There are a lot of other people with more expertise than I in this area, but they decided to take a chance on me. The video below is the result; it's far from perfect, but it was a joy and an honor to capture Rosalie's amazing story.

What I hope people take away from this is that God is good, He is sovereign, His timing and His plan is perfect, and that life is a beautiful and precious gift. Praying that it blesses you as much as working on it has blessed me! (And don't forget to watch in HD ;-).


9 comments:

  1. This is such a blessing, Kathryn!! I loved watching the video and seeing just how much Rosalie is loved on every side. And the best part is knowing that her parents will raise her in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
    Thank you for sharing this sweet story! :) God bless little Rosie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely!

    Incidentally (and this always seems to happen when I visit your blog), but I've just been reading through all sorts of your back posts -- including ones I've seen multiple times before. ;) I just love your work so much that it's such a pleasure. :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful opportunity to do something new and unfamiliar. And what an amazing opportunity to document God's unfolding providence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story, and you did a glorious, heartfelt job in capturing it perfectly!!! Such a happy little family! It is sweet timing to see this, as a dear couple in my life [I call them my "adopted" brother and sister :) , they are such good friends] were blessed with a baby boy a week before Thanksgiving!!! They have been waiting to adopt for several years after not being able to have their own babies, and in the Lord's perfect time he gave them a darling son. So needless to say, adoption stories are really catching my eye right now and it is so wonderful to hear of others who have done so, and to know of other birth moms who have chosen life for their precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful & touching story! Thank you so much for sharing this video with us. Adoption has always been near & dear to my heart ... so I really LOVED watching this! Many blessings & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious! (((all the feels))) <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've totally come to associate "all the feelings" as being quintessentially Brookean... ;-)

      Delete
  7. Loved the story! It's amazing to see what God does when we are willing to be used for Him. The video recording was great btw...it's always fun to try new things. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com