Monday, May 30, 2011

Birthday Goodies!

With all the wedding craziness (and the craziness of life in general), I had neglected to post the camera goodies I got for my birthday, which I said I would post (now I know that saying such things is a bad idea). But, better late than never, as the saying goes.


My dear parents gave me two remotes, a wireless one (top left) and one that plugs in (bottom right). The plug-in one is more reliable and you can auto focus with it, but the wireless one has the convenience of not being tied to the camera. They also gave me a big ol' reflector! (top right). It has four options - black, silver, gold and white, and it collapses up into a little case. This is useful for indoor portraits when you have shadows on the side of the face not facing the window.
My lovely sister gave me that adorable camera strap cover from SewTamz! (bottom left, obviously). It's stylish and so comfortable... you'll hear more about that later as I'll be doing a review of it later.

I'm also going to be getting very cute, very nice camera bag at some point, but alas, it is on backorder. :-(  In the meantime, I'll play with all my other fun things. :-)

5 comments:

  1. O, how FUN! Hurrah for camera-style birthday gifts :)

    That camera strap is really pretty...looking forward to the review!

    Happy Belated Birthday, too, Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your "toys"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all your gifts are so fun! I was just looking at some wired and wireless remotes today! :) I got a wireless remote (free! but old) when I bought my Canon 30D 2nd-hand in 2008 from the US. It is useful for family pictures. :D I'm looking in getting a timer remote...I think that will be fun!

    That's a fun reflector! And such a sweet strap!! ^_^

    Ohhh...what bag are you getting?? I love looking at all the beautiful, stylish camera bags like Jo Totes, Shootsac, Epiphanie etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria - I will hopefully be getting a Lola bag from Epiphanie (it's so expensive, I can't believe my parents got it for me!). They are still out of stock, so in the meantime I am trying to decide if I want to go with practical black or be fun and get the turquoise. :-) It seems they are in high demand (or they keep a limited stock) so you really have to jump on it and order right away as soon as they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The Lola bag...that's absolutely sweet and such a wonderful birthday gift!!

    Yeah, it's so expensive! By the time I convert it to Singapore dollars and add the shipping (which is about US$35 I think) it would cost me around SGD$280+!! Even with the low US dollar, that's quite a chunk of money. :)

    Ohhh, the turquoise is fun! Maybe harder to match with your clothes, but still fun. Black is a safe color.

    If I ever get one of Epiphanie's bags, I think I will go with the Clover...that's nice too. Or maybe I'll wait for the Shoot & Tote by Jessica Claire. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com