Friday, July 13, 2012

Christie | Portraits

Ever since I met Christie I have been wanting to take portraits of her. :-) She's just so cute I knew she'd be great in front of the lens! She was so kind to oblige me and we spent the early afternoon yesterday around Woodstock Square (yes, again) doing portraits. It was a little challenging to try to get different pictures than I got last time I was there, aside from having a different model; but we hit a couple of different alleys and brick walls, as well as the same spots from different angles. I've got another shoot there soon so I'll have to see what new things I can come up with for that. :-)

Thanks, Christie, for being such a sport! I love how the pictures came out... I hope it was worth it for you. :-)

Her mom and friend hand-paint silk ribbons and other wearables, and Christie is wearing one in her hair.
Pretty, isn't it? Check out Silk Life Studio's website or Etsy shop!

Two favorites for sure!

C is for Christie!
(or cookie... or chocolate... or creme brulee)
The C was hand-painted by her sister! Artsy people in this family!


Love the one on the right particularly

I just love it when my model is willing to be hoisted into windows!

Laughter is good medicine!

We went inside the opera house and looked around just for fun, and got a few fun shots too!
If I ever did a bridal shoot on the square, I would use this window. It's cool.

The lady of leisure on her chaise

The real us. *cough*

12 comments:

  1. you have such talent, Kathryn! oh and "C" was originally for Christie but I liked the C even more when I married a man named Crandall:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the glory to God! It also helps when you've got a really great model. :-) See, now you need 2 C's! Thank you so much for modeling for me, I had a great time shooting you (hehe) and just hanging out!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katheryn Grace, I don't know you yet, but i like you. Your photographs have a fresh honesty. You captured Christies essence, which means she really trusts her photographer. It is a fine quality to have your camera "disappear".
    ~Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lora! It's great to hear that the photos capture who Christie is, especially coming from someone who knows her better than I do. :-) Your silk art is beautiful!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the ones inside the opera house; just stunning. and the black-&-white laughter ones. beautiful shots as always, Kathryn. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize those locations!! :D

    Those window shots are particularly remarkably lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, both you girls give me your opinion - did you like the lighter or the darker of the opera house indoor window shots? I keep fluctuating between them and can't decide which ones are better.

      Oh, Laura, I have a feeling you'll be recognizing those locations rather often. You got me hooked on Woodstock Square. :-)

      Delete
    2. I liked the lighter ones better. all that light flooding in those big beautiful windows. :)

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful!!!! Love love love all the shots. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures, beautiful gal,
    I also like the background wall with the ivy growth. real nice background,
    Love your pictures as always! Oma

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoo! So pretty, Kathryn! Amazing model, amazing venue...I'm allllmost jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can understand why I would do 3 shoots there all within one month, right? :-)

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com