Saturday, September 1, 2012

Grant & Sarah | Wedding

Grant is one of my rent-a-brothers. :-) We pretty much grew up in the same church and our family adopted him and his brothers as our brothers, since we don't have any of our own.

When we met Sarah's family, I thought, "Grant is going to marry one of those girls." I wasn't sure which one, but I think I get credit for correctly predicting which family he'd marry into several years in advance. :-)

I was honored to document their backyard wedding (this was my first time shooting a wedding as head photographer! Whooopie!). Thanks to Wendy for second shooting with me - several of her images are used in this post! Grant & Sarah, may God bless your marriage and use you to further His kingdom!

They couldn't have me take their picture... :-)

They wanted to do a guitar shot... my dad says it looks like a band from the 50's. :-)

Sarah's ring is a family heirloom from Grant's family

The ring bearer has got this down pat!

This was pretty hysterical. Grant built this obstacle course in their woods so they thought it would be cool to get some photos of the guys on it... except Grant kept falling off. :-)

Sarah, you are so beautiful!

LOVE!

Everyone kept joking to Sarah that it wasn't too late to run... so Bekah wanted to get some funny shots of Sarah "escaping." :-)

Don't you love the pom poms in the trees?

During the ceremony they did an old Scottish tradition where the groom presents the bride with a sword, and the bride presents the groom with a Bible, as symbols of their pledges to protect and provide for their family

Grant had to pose like this when he was a ring bearer so he subjected his little brother to the same treatment. :-)


During dinner we slipped off for a few minutes to do Grant & Sarah's portraits.

They came up with this one :-)

Gotta love the naughty smiles :-)


23 comments:

  1. Marvelous pictures, Kathryn! :D I just love the Scottish tradition that they did for their wedding ceremony. Something to keep in mind someday. ;)

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wedding! You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work! you did a fabulous job documenting their day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely couple and lovely pictures!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Kathryn! The photos turned out beautifully. I love every single one. Congrats to the bride and groom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you did great!! I love all the preparation shots (and the ring and shoes picture!). Do share your experience with us, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want a "What I learned from shooting my first wedding" post?? :-)

      Delete
    2. Can I pipe in with a "YES PLEASE"?!

      Delete
  7. Oh . . I have been waiting to see these and I was not disappointed you did a tremendous job Kathryn!!

    They look so happy. :)

    Congratulations to the happy couple and a first time head wedding photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Beautiful! You did a great job, just like I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  9. KATHRYN ROCKS. end of story. I just love all the bokeh-ified cafe lights at the reception. & the black-and-white dancing pictures. *happy sigh* fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh, your photos are awesome! I'm very impressed with your night shots, they turned out great :)
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on shooting your 1st *1st* wedding! AMAZING photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures, Kathryn! Did you take them with your new "baby" (the 60D)? I've been researching the 60D, and I am SO impressed by the quality of the photos (and the talent of the photographer as well)! :)

    Great job! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! The bride and groom portraits and non-flash dance shots wouldn't have been possible without it because it was so dark, and the 60D goes up to 6400 ISO (versus my Rebel XTi which went to 1600).
      Thanks for the comment! :-)

      Delete
  13. you captured wonderful moments that can't be duplicated ever, great job! those photos are worth so much!!!!! and good job on the evening photos, you got smiling faces without washing everything out yet you got gorgeous glowing table center pieces. good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O Kathryn! You did a beautiful job! Light, poses, art...you got it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is one of them from Norway? I noticed that they had Norwegian flags on their Kransekake.

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com