Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! | Personal

My favorite holiday has arrived! We always say we don't know why we don't cook a turkey more than once a year - it makes the house smell divine. We're feasting on roasted turkey, sweet potato pecan casserole, homemade honey cranberry sauce, beef tenderloin roast for my Opa who hates turkey (more for us!), and that's only our side of it. I'm not sure what my aunt and Oma are making. :-) By the end of the day, I will probably have consumed approximately 6 pounds of butter. And enjoyed every minute of it, thank you very much.

But of course we have to remember... it's not about the food. (Ok, it's partly about the food). Above all, though, it's about being thankful to the Lord for what He has done for us and in us. Warm homes to live in; clothes to wear; air to breathe and lungs with which to do it. Families that love us and for us to love. For saving us from eternity apart from Him. I'm thankful, aren't you?

Probably more pictures to come... here's two from yesterday. :-)

Cranberry sauce pre-apple juice, honey and heat.

I made Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls for breakfast yesterday... this was all that was left.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture with the cranberries :)

    We do have so much to be thankful for! I am hosting a "1,000 Reasons to be Thankful" challenge ... anyone is invited to participate: http://shiningstarsmagazine.com/2012/11/i-am-thankful-for-chocolates-and-a-thanksgiving-challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kathryn! It sure sounds like ya'll had a delicious dinner. I know I did - turkey, salad, sweet potato pecan casserole, spinach squares, Heavenly Hash Browns, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, pecan pie, and chocolate cream pie.:) Yumm . . .

    The pictures are lovely. I particularly like the potency of the red in the first one. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to comment and say that we had Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls for brunch on Thursday as well and they are the ONLY ones to make! They are incredible everytime!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com