Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pianista | Portraits

That's Italian for "pianist." (I bet you'd never have guessed!).

So, a little while before I got my harp, my sister got her dream piano. A Schimmel grand. Long story short, there was a private owner selling it, who happened to be 10 minutes away from us, and happened to be selling it for a great deal. It came to live at our house fairly promptly. :-)

Our previous piano was in our back room, which is very dark. The only light coming in is from the sliding door, and the walls are wood paneling. Not the most ideal photo situation. But the new piano has a place of prominence in the front room (taking up approximately half of the room), which is full of light. We took some shots of her with her new baby for use with any music-related activities.


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I want to run my fingers up and down those keys . . . ahh

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL pictures! Congrats on the new piano—how exciting for your sister. I found your blog through hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a splendid girl deserves such a splendid instrument!

    I particularly love the B&W right above the last photo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures(and piano:))
    Love the lighting in these!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful gift God has given you!
    I am sure you are enjoying it immensely.

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this post is just bursting with light, a very awesome piano(!) a lovely sister and excellent focus. Being a pianist myself, I really enjoyed looking through them. =)

    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara you are gorgeous! And Kathryn, these are stunning! Love Love Love!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com