Friday, May 10, 2013

Justin & Jessica | Engagement

I can't tell you how happy these pictures make me. :-D I've known Jessica for many years now, and she has always stood out to me as an exemplary woman. I appreciated her as a role model when I was younger, but as I have grown up I have come to appreciate her even more as a close friend. I know I'm not the only person who has been praying for a godly man to come along for her... and this past year, we got a loud and clear answer. :-)

Justin's name has been familiar to me about as long as I've known Jessica, though the two of them have known each other since early childhood. He's been around at least once a year in the past for our church's annual softball game, until he moved up and joined Jessica's brother-in-law's law firm. Jessica started going to the law office regularly as an assistant, and... well, the rest is history. ;-)

It is ridiculously fun to see how hopelessly in love they are. They're so happy it is seeping out of their pores. We had a great time traipsing around downtown Chicago and capturing that love on camera. Lots of new favorites here...

We started the day off at Wrigley Field. I felt that it was kind of a pity I am not a sports gal, since everyone else seemed to really get a kick out of being inside the park. All I saw were a lot of seats, some grass and some dirt... no big thrill. :-) Also ironic that, even though I am not a baseball fan, my dad and sister are... but for the Sox. And it was my dad's birthday (thus I was branded a traitor). They tried to convince me to wear a Sox hat, but there was no way I was ruining a perfectly good outfit with a baseball cap.
Ok... all that aside. Here we go! Many thanks to Wendy for her invaluable assistance on this shoot!


Then we were off to the city! I've thought it would be fun to do a shoot in downtown Chicago, and I got my opportunity!

19 comments:

  1. Love love love!! I love them all! Jessica looks so happy and I am so ecstatic for her!!! :D Great job with the pictures, m'dear! You're fabulous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was glad to see these up today. Especially like the ones in downtown. (and I totally relate to the whole sport things - grass, mud, noise ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SINGLE redeeming quality - lemon icees. :-)

      Delete
  3. Ok, so I've been looking through the album of our engagement pictures quite regularly over the last couple weeks... and STILL got all excited to see this blog post! :) Thanks so much, Kathryn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jessica - these brought a big smile to my face this morning. Thanks again from doing such a FANTASTIC job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for being such fantastic subjects! And for yummy pizza and coffee... :-) Maybe we should make this a yearly tradition (anniversary photos?!).

      Delete
  5. Great job Kathryn! We are all St. Louis Cardinal fans except for my younger brother who is a Cubs fan. So he is the traitor in our family :) ~Kristalyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, the funny thing is that I'm not really a fan of anything... I was just a traitor for going to the Cubs' park. :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm in AZ right now with my mom and dad and everywhere we go there are Cubs things. You don't know how hard it was for my dad to get a hat for Brenton :) He kept wanting to hide it and tell people it wasn't for him ;) ~Kristalyn

      Delete
  6. Kathryn, your pictures never cease to inspire me! These are absolutely beautiful! This is a post I think I'll be coming back to for ideas during my own shoots. =) And how neat for you to be able to bless a friend/mentor with your gift as the Lord brings her to a new stage in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back looking at/and enjoying these again, as I was sort of rushed last time through =)... just love them all! I'm commenting again because I was curious if you used your 50mm throughout this whole session, or if you used a wider angle for some shots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a Sigma 30mm 1.4 for all the Wrigley shots, except for the wide angle ones with the marquee, where I used a Canon 17-55mm 2.8. My photo friend Wendy came along as assistant and those are her lenses that I get to use once in a while. :-) I think I used the 30mm on the lakefront shots (and the 17-55mm on the two wide bench shots), until the ones of them sitting on the concrete "pier" thing, when I switched to the 50mm and used that the rest of the time. The really far away shot I used a 70-200mm and I also used that for the brick shots because I was shooting from across the street. :-)

      Delete
  8. Really lovely! Such absolutely gorgeous shots!!
    Your photography is really inspiring :)

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful couple and photos!
    May God bless you in your marriage, Justin and Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the photos, Kathryn!

    We're so happy for Jessica.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful photos! such great colors worn by Jessica and Justin but also subtle background colors, but never distracting, just complimentary! Thanks for posting your great work for us all to enjoy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com