Monday, December 29, 2014

Behind the Scenes | 2014

Here we are at the end of 2014 already! I'm always surprised at how quickly the year flies by. And what a year! It was my busiest so far (and not just for business, it felt busy all around) and I am so very grateful for all of my wonderful clients and friends-turned-clients from this year!

Like 2013, I'm posting behind the scenes photos from weddings I shot this year. I always love the end of the year posts popping up on all the photographers' blogs. Most of these pictures are courtesy of my invaluable second shooters - Laura, Wendy, Lauren, and Renee - aside from the ones I'm posting of them... ;-)



Dose of reality: this is really how we spend most of our photo time. :-)




That's how the veil magic happens!

My second shooters are going to kill me for some of these test shots... ;-)




We get high and low in this job! :-)

I have NO idea why I am grinning like a Cheshire cat. Disturbing.

Renee. The child whisperer.
(Also, bridal room walls like this are why black & white is amaaaaazing! Church interior decorators need to come talk to me first before making any design decisions.)

Whatever it takes...

Newly engaged and showing off that ring during light testing! (not to mention muscles).
Renee, I love these shots of Laura and I working together! :-)


Child whisperer AND trainer of Mini Photographers.








Oh my. Awkwardest photobomb ever.

Why yes. I hire models for my second shooters so that my test shots will always look good.





Job perks.





Thankful for a great year and looking forward to 2015!

7 comments:

  1. I love behind the scenes shots!! Thanks for sharing them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so stinking adorable! :D Thanks so much for sharing, Kathryn!

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so much fun. :) It makes me want to be a wedding photographer!! Minus the obvious fact that I don't do photography (that's a minor problem, right?) =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Your seconds are pretty amazing, Kathryn :) So many skills...child whispering, dress holding, light testing...way to go, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS POST.

    :) :) :)

    It has been a good year. Cheers, and great work, my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved seeing the behind the scenes with photographers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I missed this post before.... :P, but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com