Tuesday, July 28, 2015

City in the Sky | Personal

There are some things that just make me shake my head and wonder, is this real life? I'm a pretty blessed girl to get to do things that the average person probably will never get to experience. One of these instances was a week or so ago, when we took a short trip to Chicago. I've been to Chicago lots of times, but never seen it quite like this before...

My grandfather is a... shall we say... well connected individual. :-) He has done a lot and been many places, and met loads of people. And some of those friendships turn out quite advantageously for his extended family (aka, us). Thanks to the generosity of one of his friends, we spent a couple of nights in a penthouse at the top of the Trump Tower, with sweeping birds-eye views of the city. The apartment itself was gorgeous, and the view was incredible. I could lay in my bed and look straight out at the Sear's Tower (oops, I mean the Willis Tower... ;-). It was especially spectacular at night when the city lights were shimmering away as far as the eye could see... The photos don't do it justice.

Unfortunately we had a cloudy day when I finally pulled my camera out for daytime photos of the view, but being literally in the clouds made for a neat effect as well!





Phone panorama. :-)

A helicopter flew by our window (a lot closer than it looks from the photo!)




I now have a slight obsession with black and white checkerboard floors.











10 comments:

  1. Um. Wow. What an experience! Thanks so much for sharing with us, Kathryn :)

    xo,
    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! That is one gorgeous apartment!! The part that reallllly got to me was the kitchen!! How gorgeous!
    Congratulations on the fun getaway! Beautiful photos, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen was amazing! I didn't actually get pictures of them but the dishwasher was in two drawers in the island, and the fridge told you how many ounces of water you were dispensing into your cup. Pretty awesome. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wowee...when can I meet your grandpa?? ;) What a special trip, what 'richness'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing apartment! And those night time pictures - wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing is a good word for it. :-) I wish the photos could really capture how incredible the view was at night!

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com