Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Fracture

Okay, folks, this is one of the neatest ways on the market to display photographs in your home (or office or wherever). How would you like to have your photos printed on glass?? Yep, you heard me. Fracture prints your photo directly on glass, with your choice of border (or without a border entirely, as you see I chose... I like edge-to-edge printing :-), and you get the choice of wall mount or stand-up mount.


Fractures come in several different sizes... 8", 10", 12", 14" and 18", measured diagonally. They also offer custom services if you have another size in mind!

I received a 10" and an 18" Fracture to review, and as I was aware of their products previously and consequently knew they were nice :-), I went ahead and ordered two additional ones to send to grandparents.


The Fractures arrived securely packaged in a unique stacked package, containing sturdy black cardboard "nests" for the photos. It's really very nice presentation, so if you had ordered for a client you could present them to the client right out of the package and you'd look very professional doing it. :-)


The colors produced in the photographs are very vibrant and the images sharp. A little card that came with them claims that "some call it the 'HD-TV of picture frames,'" and I think that's a pretty good description. Unlike a traditional framed photo, where the glass window dims the photo slightly, Fractures seem to get their vibrance from the glass... probably because that's what it's printed on. :-)


I chose wall mounts for mine, since I figure that leaves me the freedom of hanging it on the wall or displaying it on a stand. They come with a screw and a built in hole in the back of the frame for easy and invisible hanging (both of which virtues I highly esteem - ease and invisibility... as far as hanging frames goes).


Fractures are surprisingly affordable, especially when you compare it to wrapped canvases. Though I do love the look of canvas, this is equally beautiful in its own way and much easier on the purse. :-)

So... the conclusion. Would I buy Fractures? Well, silly question, since I already did. :-) And I would definitely buy from them again in the future. Fractures are a beautiful, sleek and modern way to "frame" and display photos... check them out! Fracture has generously offered a 10% off coupon to all my readers - just enter the code PRAIRIEROSE at checkout up to August 1, 2012.


*Disclaimer: I received the products mentioned in exchange for writing a review.  I was under no obligation to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are entirely my own.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I would love the order some one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like these. Thanks for doing the review. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com