Monday, August 13, 2012

Of new cameras & rainy days

The day my 60D arrived I didn't get home from my harp lesson until around 5:00pm; I exercised great self control and waited to tear open the box until AFTER I took my shoes off (impressive, I know!). But alas... camera batteries do not arrive charged, which meant waiting 2.5 more hours. I improved the time by reading the manual (an unheard-of feat for me... manuals are my nemesis). The battery charged up just in time for.... dinner. I snapped a few pizza shots just because I couldn't wait any more and then set it aside to eat. And then it's dark. So I had to just shoot things around the house in nasty tungsten light, which was really okay because it gave me a chance to see how the high ISO performs (oh, gracious, am I ever in love!).

What was the point of all that? Merely to say that morning dawned and I was pretty eager to really try it out. Outside. Natural light. Beautiful sister. That sort of thing.

And then....

RAIN.

Yes, last week I posted about the joy of finally getting rain after a long drought. And getting more of it is a good thing. But couldn't it have waited until after I did a photoshoot? Nope.

So you make the best of it. You balance an umbrella in one hand and a camera in the other; the aforementioned beautiful sister dons her red jacket and arms herself with her own umbrella and away you go!

Not the most ideal conditions, but it works for practicing. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Awww! I love those pictures of Tara! :) And since I know nothing of cameras..I'm afraid that I don't really have anything to say, except that I think the quality looks amazing and I think you photography is beautiful! Congrats on getting the new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice!! Can't wait to see more! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these! makes me want to go puddle-jumping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new camera?? YAY. I'll try not to be tooo jealous :D

    Really though, I'm so happy for you!!

    Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com