Monday, July 7, 2014

Pink & Gold Hot Air Balloon Party

For years my sister and I have thought it would be really fun to have a "singles shower" - lots of our friends are getting married and it is so fun seeing them get all this new kitchen and home stuff at their showers. We thought, well, why shouldn't single girls get some fun new stuff for their house too? Besides, we love an excuse to have a party. :-)

We never got around to actually doing it, until Tara and Grace started scheming making the party actually happen. They came up with a hot air balloon theme and a pink & gold color scheme, and ran with it! Grace, baker extraordinaire, made adorable hot air balloon cookies, raspberry macarons, and the beautiful gold-painted cake. They created little hot air balloons out of gold paper lanterns with small pink paper boxes hung from them - SO cute! We spent an exhausting evening draping our entire front room in tulle and gold streamers. Some of our lovely single girlfriends came to the party and each brought a fun gift like you might give at a shower, and we had a gift swap. Delicious food and delightful conversation topped off quite the smashing event! :-)

Alas, I was too busy participating to snap any photos during the actual event, but enjoy the photos of everything untouched!






















Source Credits:
Cake, cookies, and macarons: Simply Grace
Tulle: Tablecloths Factory
Gold streamers: Shindigz
Gold paper straws: Amazon
Gold paper lanterns: Oriental Trading Co.

15 comments:

  1. And why, exactly, did we take all these decorations down???
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever reason we had was, obviously, illogical.

      Delete
  2. The room looked so... good! :) Good memories.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I'm lovin' this whole "Blog Schedule" thing. ;-) Love seeing all these pretty Kathryn pictures on a weekly basis!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have yourself to thank for it, my dear! Your dedication is inspiring!

      Delete
  4. Oh so much fun! And what delicious, beautiful food! I'm sure you all had a lovely time.

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh--HOW gorgeous! <3 I really really REALLY wanna throw a singles shower and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww - that's such an awesome idea! Can I come next time? (Although, hopefully by the time "next time" rolls around, I won't be single anymore). ;)
    I think the blog schedule is great - I love seeing more of your gorgeous photos, and you're inspiring me to be a better blogger as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a neat idea...I want to throw a "singles" shower now!;) I love the decorations too! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful idea and I'm in awe at the yummy food and glorious decorations/theme!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful decor! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! ……and how come you pretty single girls don't gain thousands of pounds on that delicious food?
    hmmmmm…how about a "we've been married a looooooong time" shower? I could use a few new frying pans :-) :-) :-) love you, Oma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Well, we didn't eat all of it that day. :-) Hey, why not? Who says a shower is only for a bride? Love you too!

      Delete
  11. how LOVELY! Just thought I should mention though, that (for me anyway) your link for Grace goes to Frip - and online gaming site. I doubt that's what you intended!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for catching that! I didn't even realize I had the wrong link. I fixed it. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com