Thursday, December 23, 2010

Winter Ferns


Ferns are neat plants... we have a whole patch of them in our back yard. Of course they are prettier in the spring but they are neat in winter too, after they have curled up and shrunk to less than half their size. I'm a bit unsure about if it's a good idea to take pictures of dead plants... it doesn't exactly give you the same peaceful or happy feeling that a green leaf or a colorful flower gives. But I thought these were neat, so I'm afraid you'll have to put up with it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes dead plants make the area around them look even prettier!

    Some of my favorite winter photos are of dry brown pods with ice on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took it because I liked the color of the brown and I thought it would look neat with a shallow depth of field... I'm not sure it came out 100% as I was hoping, but it's ok. :-) Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com