Monday, December 13, 2010

I Heart Faces "Pets" Challenge

Basha

I have tons of photos I could have entered for i heart faces this week (over time we have had 5 cats)... but I picked this one. This is our sweetest kitty, Basha. She's pretty much a member of the family; we've had her for over 16 years. She loves Mom more than anything in the world and would be the happiest cat alive if Mom would just hold her 24/7. She is on her last leg now, and we will miss her very much. I took this picture one day when she was doing so bad she could barely walk, and we thought she wouldn't make it through the day. I realized that because both Mom and Basha really aren't too keen on being in front of a camera lens (unlike my other cat, Gavana, who loooves the limelight), we had very few (if any) pictures of them together. For several shots Basha just would not look at me and then - for a moment, she looked straight at me. This is one of my favorite photos I have of her.




16 comments:

  1. What a great photo of both your cat and your mom! You are a talented young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a priceless photo and I enjoyed reading your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say how much I like this photo!! She's such a sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a wonderful photo. Her eyes are so clear…great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo! Thanks for taking great pictures of our sweet kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo, Kathryn! Her eyes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image ... and, a beautiful cat!! Very nicely done, Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful shot. I love how you can see every detail in her eyes. Cat eyes are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitty looks like a perfect snuggler! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful. I teared up reading about her being at the end of life. We lost 2 cats last year and it was very hard. I miss them both dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so beautiful!!!! I love the way you captured her eyes! This photo makes me want to hold her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful composition and lighting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for entering!!! Your picture is really nice! I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com