Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Heart Faces - Furry Faces



Now is as good a time as any to introduce the newest member of the family... Katije! Her name is a Russian name which was originally spelled Katya, but then we used the Dutch spelling (ij in Dutch equals a y) so that in Dutch it means "Little Cat." Yes, it's a bit complicated, but it works for us. :-) She is 2 years old and is a retired breeder. And as you can see, she's quite feisty. :-)
I'll be posting some more pictures of her at some point, so c'mon back later!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, very nice shot. I like the hunting expression it's so intense. Also I so happen to be Dutch. So it's funny to see a cat here with a Dutch name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's sort of a Dutch spelling. Katje would be the official spelling for little cat (without the i) but ij in dutch is the y so it's kind of a mix of the two. Like you said, it works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exellent photograph!
    I love the expression.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com