Friday, June 20, 2014

Blogging Better | Q&A

Good morning all! I've been thinking about the blog lately, and how I have not been very consistent - my posts are irregular and tend to come in big spurts with long intervals of nothing in between, depending on my flow of work at the moment and how busy life is. I would like to try to be more regular with blogging, and attempt (a little scared to say it), at least for a trial period, consistently putting up 2 posts a week.

I will probably be doing some more posts geared toward photographers, as well as some more personal snippets instead of exclusively using the blog as a portfolio.

My current plan is to put up new work on Mondays, and a miscellaneous post of some sort on Fridays. Previews will either be in with Friday posts or just whenever (do you all even like previews? Should I keep doing them?). So... to kick off "break out of just posting work" - I'm opening it up for questions! If you have a question about photography, weddings, my cat, or what I order at Dairy Queen, drop it in the comments below and I will do my best to answer it next Friday! :-)

I'll leave you with a sneak peek of Aaron & Megan's anniversary session! I was starting to think we had exhausted our location options when we stumbled on this little vine covered old building. More coming soon!


9 comments:

  1. Do you have any tips for posing couples???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds exciting!! I love previews by the way. I would love to see some beginner tips for photography. I would love to get better, but I don't really know where to start.
    How far do you travel to photograph weddings? :-) I don't even have a boyfriend yet, but I would looovvve to have you take pictures at my wedding someday.
    Thank you, Kathryn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious now... what do you order at Dairy Queen?
    (Oh, and I love previews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. :)

    In answer to your questions on previews - I think they are nice as long as you follow up with the full post relativity soon afterwards.

    I'd love to see some posts on here directed to photographers! My particular area of inquiry would be lenses (What do you use and why? How does this whole lens distortion thing work? Prime v. zoom etc.).

    That's it from me at the moment!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lenses would you recommend for beginners?
    What are your favorite lenses to use?
    How do you decide what lens to buy next? Do you ever rent a lens to try it first before purchasing?
    How did you get started in photography?
    What is your favorite thing to photography - engagements, families or weddings?

    Okay, I'll stop now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you post some of your very first photos and talk about what you did to improve? Kind of like a "then and now" sort of thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Yes! What do you order at Dairy Queen??:)

    And I love the previews, they wet the appetite for the full post of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll love to read more blog posts directed to photographers. Its fun to read about another's photography journey! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are your top lighting tips that you have learned along your photography journey? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com