Monday, June 23, 2014

Jacob & Jessica | Wedding

Years ago, before I was even doing photography as a business at all, and certainly before I'd shot any weddings, Jessica told me she wanted me to shoot her wedding. I laughed, flattered that she liked my pictures that much, but also thinking that scenario was pretty unlikely ("Me? Shoot a wedding? Ha! I only take pictures of flowers!" Haha. Much has changed :-). Well, fast forward several years and here I was, a professional photographer, and she was engaged. I got the email from her: "I get to ask you the question I've waited years to ask - will you shoot my wedding?" Uhhhh, let me think about this for a nanosecond... YES! It was so wonderful to shoot a wedding of someone who has followed my work from the very beginning and was so committed to me and my style - not just hiring me because I'm a friend who takes pictures, but because she truly loves my work in particular.

And this wedding... Oh, it was just dreamy. First off, her dress. was. incredible! She got a tulle dress and then had a custom bodice put on to it (by the inimitable Lily!) using lace from her great-great-grandmother's jacket. WOW. It was too stunning! Combine that with a perfectly lovely day, beautiful bridesmaids in mint dresses, gorgeous light in a lush green park, and a reception on a river boat... yeah, it was fabulous! Jacob & Jessica, thank you so very much for entrusting me with capturing your amazing day. May the Lord bless your life together!

There are probably too many pictures in this post... but I don't care. :-P THANK YOU to Laura for her stellar second-shooting-dress-fluffing-keeping-me-hydrated skills! As usual, I included some of her captures as well!
















Her mom tipped me off that she was in the sanctuary by herself, practicing. When I asked her if she was ready, she gravely replied, "I don't think I've quite got it yet."









Dad's first look at the bride! He couldn't wipe that grin off his face. :-)







































Love candid moments like this!









Their reception was on this fabulous river boat, The Spirit of Peoria! SUCH a fun venue!!


So much beautiful food!



Cupcakes and cheesecake by the amazing Simply Grace

Instead of the traditional clinking of the glasses, guests had to sing a love song at the mic. :-)



One of my favorite sequences of the day. *melt*





That's Jessica's nephew... completely adorable and very mic-happy. ;-)





We snuck out on the deck as the sun went down for a few more portraits and I'm SO glad! These are some of my favorite photos ever.





The crew let us go up to the top level!





















Credits:
Wedding Dress: David's Bridal with alterations by Mode de Lis
Bridesmaid Dresses: OK Bridal
Ceremony Venue: Providence Church
Reception Venue: The Spirit of Peoria
Florals: Floral Designs Ltd
Hair & Makeup: Cori Rivas at Studio 117 & Kathryn Loughman
Cake/Cupcakes: Simply Grace

22 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures!!!! You did an amazing job Kathryn, and Jessica was stunning, the venue looks perfect, and you can just tell how joyful the day was!!! And you have my wedding on the calender too, right? ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your cupcakes were a huge hit and I was majorly disappointed to find out AFTER the wedding that there was cheesecake! And your wedding? Definitely. Just get a guy and we're good to go. ;-P

      Delete
  2. So lovely, Kathryn!! Beautiful people AND a riverboat?? How delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can your photography get any better, Kathryn? Ah. (seriously... you're photography has gone a LONG ways since the days when you just took flower pictures ;-) Amazing venues, and I love the sunset portraits! Weddings that honor the Lord are such beautiful events. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Kathryn! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sunset images are simply divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again....STUNNING! I love all the photos....

    And yep, you are shooting mine someday. Even if it means you will have to fly out =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. those sunset photos... beyond perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. I don't think I've ever seen better wedding photos. I'm serious. These are perfect, and I love how you captured each moment with the light and joy that accompanies these life events. Blessings!

    ♥ samantha
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are absolutely darling! And you did an incredible job. The style of the wedding matched up perfectly with your style of shooting. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhh, so gorgeous. She's the cutest bride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my WORD. As usual--gorgeous photos of a beautiful day I was so happy to be at! Seriously, absolutely stunning! <3 It was *so* great to meet you at the rehearsal too, Kathryn! And like a few of us here in the comments, I just need to find a guy, put a ring on it & fly you out for *my* wedding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too, Meghan! So nice to put a face and personality with the name. :-) Hehe, yep - when you've got the minor details sorted out, I'm there! ;-)

      Delete
  12. Kathryn, you really did hit this one out of the park - just lovely! Jessica has a good taste in photographers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE these pictures!!! <3 You did an AMAZING job Kathryn!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful pictures as always Kathryn. And a very photogenic couple I might add :-)
    Getting married on a riverboat! ahhhhh……
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are STUNNING!!! I absolutely love them. :) I have a question, how do you deal with grumpy groomsmen? I had a wedding recently that the groomsmen were NOT happy about pictures. I was teasingly bossy, but was wondering how you deal with that since you have more experience? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, well, actually all the groomsmen I have shot so far have been super fun and accommodating, or even coming up with their own crazy pose ideas. I've had an occasional individual one who was less smiley and I usually just pick on them a little bit (in a joking way), or just flat out tell them to smile big. :-)

      Delete
    2. Ok, thank you very much! :)

      Delete

I love comments! I try to respond to comments whenever possible.

How to comment:
Type your comment in the text box, then select an identity from the dropdown menu. If you don't have a Google account, choose "Name/URL" (leave the url field blank if you don't have a blog or website). Click Continue and then "Post Comment."

Anonymous comments without a name signed to them may be deleted. Any rude or inappropriate comments will be deleted at my discretion. Thanks!

 

Copyright © 2012 Kathryn Grace Photography . All rights reserved. | Designed by PrairieRoseDesigns.com